Monday, October 1, 2007

Dow closes at record high

Nice way to start October! The DOW smashed through 14,000 to close at 14,087- a 1.38% gain. The S&P closed with a 1.33% gain. The market seems to be optimistic of another Fed cut at the end of the month.

The market has been red hot the past 3 weeks and has recouped all of its gains from the 10% haircut we took in July and August.

I have stayed fully invested and added to my postions through the dip. All of my positions have recovered except for one (HCFCX which I bought right before the market drop). I am still dollar cost averaging into this fund.

Just another reminder you can't time the market!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I hope you watch comments. Since you do not have contact on your site, I thought I drop you a comment on old post. Please delete this comment after you read this :)
    I noticed you are dividend growth investor. I have been building a website for dividend growth investors for past few years. Would you mind taking a look and giving me some feedback? Or ideas I could implement that would be useful for DGI strategy? The site is https://www.digrin.com/. Thanks in advance for your time! By the way my email is lucas0033@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete